Cowbit St Mary's Church of England Primary School is a small, village primary school in the centre of Cowbit village. The school is voluntary aided and dates back to Victorian times.
Cowbit St Mary's consists of three mixed-aged classes, named after famous authors.
Dahl - Y2/Y3
Morpurgo - Y4/Y5/Y6
Cowbit St Mary's comes under the Diocese of Lincoln
History of Cowbit St Mary's Church of England Primary School
Founded in 1712, Cowbit St Mary's Church of England Primary School was bequested in the will of Thomas Andrew of Peakhill. Thomas Andrew gifted the land for the purpose of building a school as it was his wish that the children of Cowbit would be given a good education and be brought up to lead a Christian Life.
In 1800, William Guy increased the property of the trustees by the gift of the original school house.